Δημοσίευση Αγγελίας Εργασίας – MTIS System Support Engineer
About the job
MTIS is an innovative and value driven firm in the business of maritime Information & Communication Technology. We are currently based in Piraeus and working to promote the efficient usage of digital solutions within the international shipping sector. MTIS assists their clients and interested parties in transforming through technology their company’s culture responding effectively to the new external and internal challenges occurred by accommodating almost any needs and wishes they have via our smart solutions.
We are looking for an IT support engineer, to provide technical support and assist our clients with all IT related technical support issues. You will be providing IT support primary over the phone or email, but sometimes also on site. Your duties will be to interact with end-users, addressing and tracking issues, providing the first line of support, be responsible for Installation, administration and troubleshooting of hardware and software systems.
- Support and maintain servers and user’s hardware operating systems
- Support and maintain open-source Linux based systems
- Provide outside of normal business hours on-call support in an on-call rotation to quickly respond to incidents and outages
- Manages the ticketing system and troubleshooting
- Keep and document processes flows in an industry-standard format
- Support sales department at all times, by liaising with warehouse, agents, customers and all other parties involved
- Carries out any further duties assigned by the line manager
- Post and process journal entries to ensure that all business transactions are recorded
- Degree in Computer Science, Systems Engineering or relevant field
- Work experience in the IT field (1-2 years) in a relevant position will be considered a plus
- Ability to work with diverse environments of computer systems
- Able to work independently and be team-oriented in a fast-paced environment
- Knowledge on server hardware and technologies: KVM virtualization, NFS, SSH, shell scripting is a must and experience on these is an asset
- Excellent organizing, prioritizing and multitasking abilities
- Ability to demonstrate critical thinking, provide solutions, recommendations and additional actions, in order to resolve issues without risks
- Excellent knowledge of the English language
- Ability to travel internationally, if needed
- Fulfilled military obligations, if required
What will we offer to you?
- Friendly and dynamic working environment, in which you can develop your skills and competencies.
- Competitive remuneration and benefits package.
- On-call compensation plan
- Formal training, coaching and mentoring.
- A workplace with a strong focus on values and the joint aim to provide the best possible solutions for the market we serve.
- Open to interns, with the potential of full-time hire after successful completion
What will you need to do next?
Joining the MTIS family is easy! If you feel that you meet the criteria and have the passion to succeed, simply apply online (email@example.com) by uploading an up-to-date CV and leave the rest to us. We will ensure that all our HR activities are fair, transparent, and consistent.
Maritime Technology Innovative Solutions
Piraeus Business Center – Ag. Dimitriou 41 – 18546
Cell Phone: +30 216 400 3001